Saturday, January 10, 2009

I really do hate PETA.

I have always disliked PETA ever since I discovered Ingrid Newkirk would rather destroy a perfectly healthy animal than have it as a 'slave' or pet as we call them. Such fucked up fundamentalist thinking has always made me super wary of people and organisations like PETA. My ire for them was further increased when they released ads that equated owning animals to people slavery, feeding a child meat = child cruelty, and the fact that they are willing to plaster naked women all over the place to highlight the exploitation of animals without irony, all of this seals the deal in terms of utter fucking stupidity in my book.
But no! I was wrong diddly wrong wrong. They have other levels of sheer stupidity.
Observe the emergence of 'sea kittens.'
What are sea kittens? Why they are fish. Fish. FISH!
Peta, being the idiots that they are, have decided to all fish sea kittens under the misguided notion that it will stop people eating them due to their big eyed fluffy cuteness.
Except fish aren't big eyed fluffy mini cats of cuteness, they're fish. Or food as I like to call them.
This is evidence-if ever more was needed- to the twisted mindset of the PETA drone. Can't you just imagine the high jinks and hysterics when they came up with this one. 'I know! Let's call the sea kittens and draw super cute pictures of them.'
Dear PETA, Finding Nemo is a cartoon. Pelicans kill and eat ducks regularly, my real honest to god cats kill birds/mice/Napoleons regularly, dogs kill squirrels/other dogs/rats/cats and I like to eat fish. Not because they are 'slimy and not cute' but because if you wrap them in tin foil and add rock salt they taste delicious.
PETA, what a bunch of absolute gobshites.




Unrelated Note.
There's no real exercise to report this week as I didn't keep a diary, I ran some, I did some weights, I attended kickboxing. However, I hit two PBs this week and I'm feeling chufed about them. One was the Deadlift (DL) where I jumped from lifting 65kilos before christmas to 72.5 Kilos, I did a set of five at this weight and it was comfortable, if wearing on my wrists. Sorted by a hook grip. I could have gone heavier I feel but my form might have suffered and anyway this is not a race.
The second involced one armed rows. I went from a 15k to 17.5 k. I did two sets of eight either arm after a warm up of 15kx10. Again it was fairly comfortable and I'm happy with the increase.
Next week I will be working hard on squats as I plan to kick Non Memnoch to death in class.

Labels:

24 Comments:

Blogger Twenty Major said...

What does that make birds? Sky puppies?

Stupid cunts. I'd love it if they all got horse AIDS. From horses.

10:55 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh now I'm wracked with guilt over the countless mackarel I've hooked and gorged upon. If only I'd known they were actually mer-kittens, mewing their way around the ocean deep.

Thank you Petapeople, I shall immediately mend my ways take up eating something inanimate, like rocks. But wait, my teeth are designed to eat rocks. What am I to do?


[walked a bit, shifted many 40kg bags of coal]

11:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the realistic animations of the fish reading a book, it's so like, realistic and stuff. Also the little girl hugging the "sea kitten"...when I was deep sea diving in the Great Barrier Reef I was swimming away from the scary looking bastards (especially the baby reef shark that scared the bejasus out of me!!), I don't think they would have taken too kindly to being hugged like that, seems like cruelty to children if you ask me!

11:57 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Damnit "my teeth are NOT designed.."

12:11 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'm going to go to the nearest petstore and pick up sea sea kittens for some corporal cuddling. They better appreciate it the fluffy finned fuckers.


hah pfft at Conan, designed eh? By the lord of ID? Nice catch. Mmm catches of monk kittens...

12:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heehee fluffy finned fuckers!
They feel gross when they touch you, I had some severe under water panics, especially with the parrot fish
http://www.beautifulfish.info/images/parrot/3.jpg

And then when the little ones nibble at your dead skin ewww vomitus. Not cute. Just scary. I did like the giant turtle though.

12:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't PETA ever do anything worthwhile? Have they jumped the shark (oops! sea-hyena!), or did they jump it a long time ago?

Mostly unrelated, but now that you mention monk kittens, I must complain that I can't get monkfish here, and it's an awful shame.

I can get snow. Lots and lots of snow. You'd be in heaven, if you didn't mind the -16ÂșC high for today.

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

A underwater turtle Babs, a sea crocodilapottumus surely?

Grims, we have vind, VIND! No snow, I do however have the tail of some Monk Kittens. Which I will wrap in tinfoil later. So there. Take that snowy von snowalot.

2:57 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

I saw the ad about that but refused to click and read what the sea kitteh nonsense was, so thanks for taking the trouble.

I'm hungover and soon have to start getting ready to go catch a matinee of Medea. Ugh.

3:56 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Not that Medea Goes to Jail shit surely??
Sorry for your hangover, I am hangover free and just a little bit smug about it.

4:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, my mistake, it was in fact a sea crocodilapottumus, it was amazing though, as was the giant clam that slammed shut like something out of the Little Mermaid. Some boys on my boat made out that it looked sort of like a lady garden when it was closed. I don't know whose they had seen before, but it doesn't bear any resemblance to mine anyway! :)

Yum monkfish, I think I will have some for my dinner!!

4:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely, at some point (and hopefully soon), PETA will realize that it is horribly cruel to eat so much as a vegetable or piece of fruit. I mean surely they realize that these are LIVING BEINGS. And then all of PETA shall starve to death and the world shall be a more beautiful place!

4:55 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

This post made me want linguini with white clam sauce for dinner. Clams aren't cuddly, no matter what you call them. With some nice garlic bread and a crisp, dry pino grigio. Nom nom.

6:10 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'm going to respect my feline sea brethren and partake of the curried chicken, which I will now call unseeded hollyhocks with plumage.

6:43 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Hell, no, FMC.
The real thing, not some dude in drag.
During intermission, Mr. M turned to me and said sarcastically, "gee, I can't guess why you'd be into this."
Hee.

11:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy God, I'd hate to park my car under a flock of nesting sky puppies, that's for pooing sure!

1:33 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Ah! That makes much mroe sense Medbh.

Sam, I know, and how on earth would we train the land gulls to heel and play fetch?

10:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't all these moronic comments make you worry slightly that you might be a bit wrong if such nasty, cruel people agree with you?

5:49 p.m.  
Blogger daisy mae said...

sea kittens? fer serious?

i read a quote by moby, who said he challenged anyone to look a cow in the eyes and then go eat a cheeseburger. but i'll do one better - i'll look a cow in the eyes WHILE eating a damn cheeseburger.

i just wish PETA would fall off the face of the earth.

attempted exercise this week - but gave up when i got to the gym on monday, parked half a mile away, elbowed my way through the throngs of people, saw that there were lines of everything, and promptly decided that i hated people and their new year's resolutions. maybe next week the herd will have thinned out some.

7:07 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Give it til the end of the month Daisy M. That usually scuppers the commitments.

No monkey, I don't worry at all.

9:22 p.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

PETA, what a bunch of absolute gobshites.

That needs a t-shirt........quality

1:52 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Indeed M, I'd be happy to wear it!

10:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Pro-animal, anti-peta said...

People Eating Tasty Animals: Uncompassionate losers for animals since 1980

4:53 p.m.  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

ralph lauren uk
louis vuitton sacs
ugg outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
ugg outlet
hugo boss sale
converse trainers
cowboys jerseys
jacksonville jaguars jersey
jerseys wholesale

10:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home