Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bear catches Geebag.


Huzzah for this bear.

From the Guardian

"Emma Sampson, 21, set out to catch a thief after her grandmother, Thelma, 75, noticed the money missing from her home in Walton, Liverpool. Emma Sampson and her father, Robert, 46, installed a miniature camera in the eye socket of the bear and marked three £20 notes in the purse, catching Yvonne Allen red-handed.

Allen, 28, of Oakwood Road, Halewood, Liverpool, was jailed last week for six months after admitting two counts of theft, and agreed to pay £60 to Mrs Sampson.

Mr Sampson said: "My mother has end-stage leukaemia and we had to get a carer in who worked for the primary care trust [PCT]. The next day my mum said £40 had gone out of her purse.

"I said 'are you sure?' and she said 'I may be dying but I know how much money I had in my handbag'.

"Emma wrote down the serial numbers on three £20 notes in my mum's purse and we got a £55 camera from the local DIY store. Emma said the camera lens was just like the eye of the teddy bear in the house so we put the camera inside.

"We thought it would be a long process but [Allen] was greedy. We called the police and showed them the footage and gave them the serial numbers."

Filthy greedy heartless bitch. Stealing from the dying. Is there no level some people will stoop to? I'm delighted she was caught, and red handed to boot.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recognise that teddybear from somewhere... wait, no it can't be... is it? It is! Mohammed!

2:15 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

oh...now you're for it.

2:16 p.m.  
Blogger morgor said...

Good for them though.

If they would have just reported it to the police nothing would have happened.

2:53 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Probably not, it would just have been a he said/She said situation. Imagine stealing from a poor old duck who is dying? What a total scumbag.

2:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya cant bring it with ya

3:21 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

So it's okay for people to steal it?

3:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Filthy greedy heartless bitch."
Summed it up pretty well I think.

3:33 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I like to be succinct Eva.

3:38 p.m.  
Blogger morgor said...

Ya cant bring it with ya

Allen?

3:39 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

I caught my younger sister stealing from our saintly grandmother when she was senile and sickly and smackerd her in the head. Another early sign that she was no fucking good.

3:40 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

And handled with aplomb! That's horrible. Jesus Gamma used to leave her bag open all the time and all her change went into a big wooden box-which she left on her mantle, but even as a kid I'd never lift a penny from her. She'd give me money for odd jobs though, brushing her blasted teeth was a big earner. As was taking a large scissors to her toenail. God I must really have loved that women.

Morgor, heh.

3:58 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this story.

4:00 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

I did ironing for my nan and she tipped me generously.
My little sister is a crack addled piece of shit.

4:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A really sick and ghoulish act for a measley sixty quid.(now if it was a million.....just kidding!). I hope Grandmother comes back to haunt her on dark, wet nights.

4:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This happened to an aunt of my Dads. She thought she was losing her marbles, but her trusted housekeeper was nicking from her. It was a video camera that caught her in the end too. I applaud the crime fighting capabilities of the teddy - now lets see teddies solve more serious crime - after all the guards aren't having much luck...

11:15 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Go go Teddy power!

4:07 p.m.  
Blogger Gee Bag said...

http://youtu.be/kCAhZqMrfgI

12:05 p.m.  
Blogger Gee Bag said...

http://youtu.be/kCAhZqMrfgI

12:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home