Saturday, July 12, 2008

motivation for fatcats and possibly fatcat chumlies.

I wish those blasted magpies would stop fighting. I'm sitting here nibbling soy beans like a demented hamster and their bloody racket is frightful.
Don't ask me about the nameless pub, I didn't even make it that far down town. Don't ask me anything, don't make any noise either.
Bah!
Like Gimmie I believe I will give up beer for a while, I think I could be allergic. Plus if John Mc is right- and I have absolutely no reason to doubt him- my calorie consumption last night was WAY up in the thousands, and that means I've to spend a goodly time in they gym today trying to repair my tattered self.
Oh common sense, why must you always let yourself get shouted down like that? Why have you no spine, no gumption? Why is it you're so easily swayed? Why?


Sunday, ran close to 20k for a long run, it was sunny and glorious and my shins hurt slightly on the home stretch.

Monday- 15 k ramble around Clontarf, St Anne's, Bull island with CG and CG's dog.

Tuesday- nowt, but it stopped raining long enough for me to clip the hedges.

Wednesday- 'Angie,' Cross fit, which means, 100 pull ups, 100 sit ups, 100 press ups, 100 squats. for time, unfortunately I don't know what bloody time I did it in as my watch was back home in my bathroom. But I'm guessing just under the half hour mark. I used the grav for pull ups and push ups were done off my knees. Feet anchored for sit ups, squats as rxd.

Thursday- I got out of bed and screamed when I stretched. Walking down the stairs was like walking the Himalayas, lowering my body into my chair-scream. Getting back up- scream and so on.

Friday 10k

Satdee. today I plan to spend some time in the gym. Compound lifts I should imagine, assuming I don't fall down. Tomorrow I've got another 20k run on the books, so I'll be taking it handy today in terms of cardio.

Right, now what delicious breakfast will I have, porridge and an eggs, OR an egg and porridge? Hummm, choices choices.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say don`t do the crime if you can`t do the time. How about some fried bacon and sunny side up eggs swirling in a greasy pan.

11:33 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

My gawd I'd so love that!

12:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice week!

Sorest head ever with a cold. But what I'm most sore about is feeling this wretched and not even having a good night out to account for it.

2:36 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

You only regret the pints you didn't have, FMC. I'm sticking to that anyway.

3:12 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

My head's a bit sore from my evening out. And I was home by 9PM! Sucks to get old.

Anyway, another good week for me. Same pattern. No workouts Mondays or Fridays, but Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, all up at 6:15, doing cardio, weights, lunges, sit ups (yes, I've started doing sit ups - just a few, and I stop when the back says so), yoga stretches, etc.

Today's workout was abbreviated (1/2 hour cardio and 20 lunges with weights) since I have so much to do and wanted to get to it so I could finish my chores early and get outside. It's a perfect summer day here and the yard and Captain Morgan are calling...

4:12 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

have not fear, I regret nothing. Regret has to be the biggest waste of anyone's time ever. Spending the evening listening to too loud music ought to help too.

5:09 p.m.  
Blogger daisy mae said...

my week turned out decent enough...

monday - bike commute, 12 miles
tuesday - bike commute, 12 miles. ran my piddly half a mile as well.
wednesday - general ass-kicker. rode in to school, then the gym, went to yoga, lifted weights, and swam... then rode home (20 miles total on the bike).
thursday - took the day off except for another short half miler.
friday - took the day off, but felt mildly guilty about it.
saturday - meant to go out for a mile run, but ended up working on the yard, and helping j build an outdoor cat enclosure. our hefty one has decided that he needs to be an outdoor cat for the first time in his 8 years on this earth, and i'm terrified he'll get eaten/hit by a car/some other atrocity i would never forgive myself for. so now he has a safe, outdoor home. also worked in the yard, as we bought a weed eater.
sunday - talked j into a "short" 5 mile hike. didn't take into account the altitude (10K feet - we live at 5K)... or the snow. so near the end we lost the trail and wandered around a snowfield in an alpine meadow for quite some time. on the up side, my heart rate monitor showed that i burned 1400 calories in our 3 hour jaunt. and so i had no guilt in eating an entire bag of rice chips.

4:05 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Ah guilt ona rest day, a sure sign you're drinking the exercise koolaid. I get that too, good week missus.

10:03 p.m.  
Blogger John Mc said...

Getting up their in the miles Miss Cat. A friend is trying to conivince me to do the NY City Marathon next year, (I move there in 4 weeks, so it is in the 'hood)

Sunday Downhill mtn biking. Fun, fun fun - 'cept for the crash. Nice dose of road rash on both legs.
Monday - 90 mins bike class
Tuesday - 2500 metress swim (note to self: on hot days in outdoor pools, wear sunblock)
Wednesday 90 mins bike class
Thursday - nada
Friday - nada
Sat - best friends bachelor party, I'm the best man, so was organizing. Excellent fun, but I am still hungover.
Sunday - see above.

12:27 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

A new york move, how exciting! I always said I would spend a year in New York, I still haven't ruled it out.
Aye, the miles are climbing slightly, I really want to be hitting about 70k a week within the next month or so. At the moment I've been really lucky, nary an injury, although I must replace my runner in the next week or so.

8:34 a.m.  
Blogger John Mc said...

I'd prefer to stay in SF, but it gets the kids closer to grandparents on both sides of the atlantic. Serious misgivings about the summers and the winters in NY. Both are awful. All that said, its a new adventure, and I know a lot of people in NY, and I really like my inlaws so...

9:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home